Sunday, March 10, 2019

Love is...

Love is, my parents renting a room in a house and my mother taking the bus to work while pregnant because they wanted to save enough money for the new baby. Love is my father studying and working at the same time to make ends meet. Love is my mother putting aside some money every time her salary came in for my brother and I to use in the future.

Love is my mother making du'a for us, five times a day without fail and before she sleeps. Love is my mother crying herself to sleep when she thinks of us. Love is my mother checking on me when I slept as a kid. Love is my mother telling me not to cover my face when I sleep because I won't get enough oxygen that way. Love is my mother nagging at me for not eating enough, or not healthy enough and to not wait for her to serve me fruits because I'm grown and I can cut them myself but cuts them for me everytime anyway.

Love is my father not wanting to share any bad news with us for fear it might upset and disturb us. Love is my father coming in to blow the three quls at me when I had nightmares as a kid. Love is my father muttering du'as as he watched me back out my car from the porch to drive back to uni.

And above all that, love is my Lord, yang meminjamkan cinta2 ini sebagai salah satu saluran CintaNya. I hope I don't forget that it is all from Him because at the end of the day when nothing remains and the odds declare that I am to live without those who love me, there is a Loving Lord who made it all possible in the first place. The One who Created Love.

No comments: