Monday, January 27, 2020

Kobe

I don't know why Kobe's death is impacting me this way. The moment I woke up and opened twitter the first tweet I saw was 'Did Kobe really die' or something along those lines and I was like What? What? 

It feels surreal because just weeks ago the video of him and his daughter at a game was circulating and achieved meme status. I RT-ed the vid saying how pretty his daughter was.

And now they're both dead.

Death really is a b*tch, no? A big one. The way it creeps up on you. But in death's defence, it warns you. Every second of every day. It never said it wouldn't come. It said it would, just never said when.

I went for a jog later today and I still thought about it. Life goes on anyways. Here I am jogging. Here my neighbour is, watering his plants. Here my other neighbour is, walking his dog. The world will not stop for you. Even their family, their family will eventually have to go on with their lives. Wake up, have breakfast, go to school, go to work. Until death claims them.

Which makes me think, why stop for anyone, then? No matter how legendary, not even your death halts the world. So why die before time?

No comments: