Monday, April 20, 2020

💔

I just saw a tiktok video of a father and son. The son was showing his dad a joke/prank. The one where you made a phone out of paper and place it on the person’s hand and tell them to repeat the last thing they said (wing; because prior to that you show them a picture of a butterfly and point at the wing and ask them what it is) repeatedly. So when the person goes ‘wing wing wing’ you pick up the phone. It’s silly cute. So the son did that and the dad started laughing heartily.

And I remember my own dad who has a very similar laugh. His laugh is from the heart. It’s one of my favourite sounds in the world. He’s such a happy person, he really is. It takes a lot to bring him down. I miss that laugh. I can hear it again and again.

I didn’t know I was capable of missing my dad this much but here we are. Maybe I’ll call him tomorrow. I’d be too shy to tell him I miss him. Maybe I’ll just text him. Or maybe I’ll call and just ask him what’s going on. Yeah maybe I should just do that.

No comments: